ART THERAPY AND DRAMATHERAPY
Within all the Federation schools, we offer Art Therapy and Dramatherapy.
Art therapist, Avril Neagle and Dramatherapist, Jamie-Leigh Agent are full time members of staff and work alongside school staff in order to support the emotional well-being of our pupils.
They are qualified therapists and are registered with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
Why Creative Therapy in Education?
- When children and young people are experiencing emotional difficulties this has an impact on their ability to learn and inclusion in school life
- The Federation therapists work as part of the school team
- Pupils are seen in school in a safe confidential space and do not need to travel to a clinic or hospital
- Creative therapy doesn’t depend on spoken language and therefore can be helpful to anyone who finds it difficult to express their thoughts and feelings verbally
- Therapy can help to identify new strategies for managing feelings, thoughts and behaviours. The therapist’s role is to enable communication of the young person’s thoughts and feelings through creativity
- Creative therapy can build resilience in the young person and encourage and support the young person, their parents/ carers and teachers through the process of positive change